Forums

SpecialK is offline Living my life... finally
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    For cerebration-sharing :) and providing a wonderfully renewed perspective! - LeananSidhe To start our lunch . . . I'll bring it to you! - LeananSidhe Every day, and in every way. Thank you. - LeananSidhe Merry Christmas - Georgiagirl Merry Christmas to you - Sthomp27 
    Happy new year - Sthomp27 Happy New Year - Georgiagirl Happy New Year - Candi For being a good friend. - BeyondExcess hoping things happen sooner than later for you :) - Tgirl 
    It's Saturday! Here's a burger! - BeyondExcess Drink is on me! - Mainahboy Bacon topped too! Happppy Birthday! - LeananSidhe Merry Christmas! - Layla You are such a positive presence on the site. Your my hero! - debbee 
    Merry Christmas to you too my friend! - Layla Merry Christmas my sweet friend! - Candi 

School In Vegas Tells Parents It Plans To Teach Their 5-YEAR-OLDS How To MASTURBATE

There was a new curriculum pitched to 50 parents that would overhaul sex education. This new overhaul would include teaching 5 year old kids how to masturbate.

Naturally, many parents who attended this pitch were upset with what they were hearing

Keep in mind, this is the 5th largest school district…in the country. This would affect A LOT of kids.

From EAGNews.org via TPNN:

“You want to teach my 5-year-old how to masturbate?” said parent Julie Butler, according to the paper.

“We certainly should not be teaching five-year-olds that masturbation and pleasuring one’s body is good and that a 12-year-old should know about the very details of anal and oral sex,” another parent said, reports KTNV.

According to Fox 5, parent Ronald Withaeger said to school board members, “‘Masturbation should be done in a private place.’ That’s kindergarten through third grade. You’ve got to be kidding me. There’s no need to know that at that age.”

A high school student told the board, “I think I went through about 20 pages and I couldn’t continue with it because some of the stuff was just too disturbing to me at the age that I am and I’m 17-years-old.”

As a mom, this horrifies me. I would not allow my kids to be taught about something so adult at such a young age. IF the district actually follows through with this disturbing curricula, there better be some exemption paperwork provided to these parents. My own parents were hesitant to allow me to attend sex ed. It was most assuredly tamer than this proposal. The frightening extremes that the school wants to go to in the name of “teaching” is frightening to me. Our kids deserve to maintain some innocence. They have the rest of their lives to grow up, pay bills, and worry after their own babies and spouses. Let them be little as long as they can. You have taken their future in so many ways, Obama. Don’t take their innocence, too.

SpecialK is offline Living my life... finally
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    For cerebration-sharing :) and providing a wonderfully renewed perspective! - LeananSidhe To start our lunch . . . I'll bring it to you! - LeananSidhe Every day, and in every way. Thank you. - LeananSidhe Merry Christmas - Georgiagirl Merry Christmas to you - Sthomp27 
    Happy new year - Sthomp27 Happy New Year - Georgiagirl Happy New Year - Candi For being a good friend. - BeyondExcess hoping things happen sooner than later for you :) - Tgirl 
    It's Saturday! Here's a burger! - BeyondExcess Drink is on me! - Mainahboy Bacon topped too! Happppy Birthday! - LeananSidhe Merry Christmas! - Layla You are such a positive presence on the site. Your my hero! - debbee 
    Merry Christmas to you too my friend! - Layla Merry Christmas my sweet friend! - Candi 
    This is somewhat disturbing to me... I had a similar all-inclusive course that covered part of this, but I had to be a junior in college in order to be able to take it... Even though that course covered far more disturbing things, I still feel that exposure to this type of material.. at this young of an age... could cause a desensitized outlook on sex and sensuality that we as a society aren't ready for. When I first read this... I thought it was a joke.. and in a joking manner, I thought.. where was this course when I was in school? ...but looking back I know that this takes things just a bit too far as far as sex education is concerned.

Georgiagirl is offline Beach Control
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Thanks for everything. - BeyondExcess Drinking buddy.... Absolutely!!!! - Candi Hugs!! - Candi Hope you're having a great Valentine's Day - jbincali House warming party!!  WooHoo!! - Caveman 
    For all the new adventures you have. - BeyondExcess Hope things are getting better for you! - Candi We missed you, and we're all thrilled you're here! - LeananSidhe have a good one - partyde For the drink we didn't have on your birthday! - Candi 
    Hope you get to feeling better! - Lucky Because you are such a special woman and mother x - Elvensong For being beautiful and a great friend x - Elvensong Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK 
    For all you do to help keep the site open. - SpecialK Because you would let me use the pool :-) - Elvensong Keep cool crazy girl xxx - Elvensong Miss you girlie....hope things are good - musicmer Merry Christmas, my friend! - SpecialK 
    Wow. I can't believe this...sigh. There are two very basic points about this.....

1) It is the PARENTS' responsibility to decide what to teach their children about sex, NOT the schools',
    2) It is the PARENTS' responsibility to decide when to teach their children about sex, NOT the schools'.

Children do NOT belong to the state, well most of them anyways. We are not some sort of ant colony.

Could you imagine a male teacher teaching your five year old daughter about masturbation? It just doesn't seem right. Kids need to be taught reading, math, etc. in schools and be taught about things such as this when the parents feel it's time. Not all kids are as mature as others. Personally, I had a hard time letting my daughter into sex education at school because she didn't feel comfy discussing it with her peers. It can be quite embarrassing for shy students such as my daughter and she was bullied in that class....thus one of the reasons for home schooling her at the time. Shaking my head......wow.
    Just Peachy and you?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

LeananSidhe is offline Like a fine Skylark.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,941 Times in 1,807 Posts
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    a head start and enjoy my friend. - Tgirl Glad you are feeling better! - Candi Happy 4th of July - Georgiagirl For someone's birthday... it's ice chocolate cream cake - SpecialK Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week! - Candi 
    For that midweek slump! - BeyondExcess Just so because posting with you is so much fun - Elvensong Some dessert as you are so sweet and caring :-) - Elvensong For going above and beyond the call of duty in helping me settle in at FNF. - guynextdoor Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK 
    Happy Holidays, Beautiful.. - SpecialK ...just 'cause.. - SpecialK For all you do to help keep the site open. - SpecialK Lets do the Friday dance! - Candi Spreading the luck for today! - BeyondExcess 
    For always being my friend. - BeyondExcess Thank you for all you do here! - Candi i miss our coffee time - musicmer Merry Christmas, my friend! - SpecialK Merry Christmas! - Candi 
    I think I must have been overseas when it can time for my grade to learn Sex Ed. I truly don't remember going through that class. Although maybe I remember a very generic and demur "this is your body" type of old film, girls on one side boys on the other side of the gym. I can't say for sure. So I don't remember my parents' reaction.

Both of my boys, around 6th or 7th grade, had a segment in health dealing with their bodies -- very discreet and not what I would consider Sex Ed. More about the changes bodies go through. They gave them some deodorant and a few pamphlets with health and hygiene information.

Unless they've neglected to have me sign a permission slip, or hub hasn't mentioned that he's given permission for that class . . . I don't think at 16 and 14 either of mine have had any sex ed class.

And I still find it to be on the cusp even at my kiddos' age -- not that they haven't heard "things" from friends, or had access to information online. But 5 years old? No, I'd expect an exempt form from the school, as the one mother mentions in the article. I'm not sure any talk about masturbation needs to be in school until college, when the idea might fall under a rubric of human sexuality class. Kindergarten though? The idea that at that age someone would be describing a situation that has to do with so much more than body changes to my children just gives me huge pause . . . no.

That goes back to the idea, also, whether they should hand out condoms at school, which is a topic that seems to rear up in school systems every couple of years.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Seuss

BeyondExcess is offline ♡ There is still so much more to see.
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK For all you do to help keep the site open. - SpecialK To stick into your headdress :-) - Elvensong A medal for helping me so much. - theirishman Here you go - theirishman 
    Because you love it :-) - Elvensong To calm your mind ;-) - Elvensong To don some war paint if worj today should lead to some hand-to-hand combat ;-) - Elvensong With bacon, as ordered :-) - Elvensong Baked to perfection - Elvensong 
    For perfectly timed kindness - Chuckee Cheers to a day with no bothers ! - Elvensong For you to not fall asleep ;-) - Elvensong Lots of luck today x - Elvensong To calm your heart should it flutter again ... - Elvensong 
    Because you're our Easter Egg ;-) ! - Elvensong For bravery in the face of not perfect events - Chuckee Been missing you! - Candi Merry Christmas, my friend! - SpecialK Merry Christmas! - Candi 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BeyondExcess 
    Yes, being that this is my school district I was pretty amazed by the audacity of Vegas. A new low in my book by an already disappointing education system.

I am definitely against this entire notion just based on their age range they hope to begin the implementation. My older son did not begin any sort of sex education until sixth grade and that was very basic concepts delivered in more of a health format.

I think that beyond the simple educational necessities of this topic there should be no further input from the schools on behaviors, activities, or tendencies. I am not sure why the system has suddenly decided their scope should go further and younger then ever before.