Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Should Pot be legalized?

SpecialK is offline Living my life... finally
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    For cerebration-sharing :) and providing a wonderfully renewed perspective! - LeananSidhe To start our lunch . . . I'll bring it to you! - LeananSidhe Every day, and in every way. Thank you. - LeananSidhe Merry Christmas - Georgiagirl Merry Christmas to you - Sthomp27 
    Happy new year - Sthomp27 Happy New Year - Georgiagirl Happy New Year - Candi For being a good friend. - BeyondExcess hoping things happen sooner than later for you :) - Tgirl 
    It's Saturday! Here's a burger! - BeyondExcess Drink is on me! - Mainahboy Bacon topped too! Happppy Birthday! - LeananSidhe Merry Christmas! - Layla You are such a positive presence on the site. Your my hero! - debbee 
    Merry Christmas to you too my friend! - Layla Merry Christmas my sweet friend! - Candi 
    I am agreeing that smoking pot is probably safer than drinking and driving.. in fact ... I am positive it is.. all I'm saying is legalizing something else that will affect your reaction time while driving on the road.. could cause a fatality that wouldn't normally occur otherwise... Our roads are unsafe enough as is.. do we really want to add another factor that might cause even one more fatality? My best friend for 37 years was a huge marijuana smoker... and yes.. he was more calm when driving... in fact so calm he didn't react in time to keep from overturning his vehicle when he lost control on a highway... I'm not going to say it was definitely due to marijuana.. but he drove for 15 years prior without any accidents whatsoever.. so maybe he was just due... but I know he was under the influence when he had his accident.... it didn't kill him.. but he went through a pretty painful ordeal afterwards.. he passed away about 10 years ago.. heart attack... at 37... wasn't overweight... stayed active.. no family history... but he was a regular pot smoker... again.. maybe it was just a coincidence.. but I still have a hard time overlooking all I know... you can research both sides on the internet.. and find facts in support and against.. everyone is going to throw out statistics both ways... truthfully do I know it would cause more accidents than currently there?.. of course not... but I am not willing to bet anyone's life that it wouldn't.

Devon is offline Flirty Friend Expert
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Completely understand. Pot and driving is dangerous, no argument there. But don't you think the ones that smoke and drive will do so regardless if legal or not? I don't think law would add another factor, as it already exists. Fact of the matter is alcohol is legal and people and drunk driving is major problem, texting and driving is major problem, and pot smoking and driving...is a problem...but always will be

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
    I am agreeing that smoking pot is probably safer than drinking and driving.. in fact ... I am positive it is.. all I'm saying is legalizing something else that will affect your reaction time while driving on the road.. could cause a fatality that wouldn't normally occur otherwise... Our roads are unsafe enough as is.. do we really want to add another factor that might cause even one more fatality? My best friend for 37 years was a huge marijuana smoker... and yes.. he was more calm when driving... in fact so calm he didn't react in time to keep from overturning his vehicle when he lost control on a highway... I'm not going to say it was definitely due to marijuana.. but he drove for 15 years prior without any accidents whatsoever.. so maybe he was just due... but I know he was under the influence when he had his accident.... it didn't kill him.. but he went through a pretty painful ordeal afterwards.. he passed away about 10 years ago.. heart attack... at 37... wasn't overweight... stayed active.. no family history... but he was a regular pot smoker... again.. maybe it was just a coincidence.. but I still have a hard time overlooking all I know... you can research both sides on the internet.. and find facts in support and against.. everyone is going to throw out statistics both ways... truthfully do I know it would cause more accidents than currently there?.. of course not... but I am not willing to bet anyone's life that it wouldn't.
    Georgiagirl likes this.

SpecialK is offline Living my life... finally
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    For cerebration-sharing :) and providing a wonderfully renewed perspective! - LeananSidhe To start our lunch . . . I'll bring it to you! - LeananSidhe Every day, and in every way. Thank you. - LeananSidhe Merry Christmas - Georgiagirl Merry Christmas to you - Sthomp27 
    Happy new year - Sthomp27 Happy New Year - Georgiagirl Happy New Year - Candi For being a good friend. - BeyondExcess hoping things happen sooner than later for you :) - Tgirl 
    It's Saturday! Here's a burger! - BeyondExcess Drink is on me! - Mainahboy Bacon topped too! Happppy Birthday! - LeananSidhe Merry Christmas! - Layla You are such a positive presence on the site. Your my hero! - debbee 
    Merry Christmas to you too my friend! - Layla Merry Christmas my sweet friend! - Candi 
    Quote Originally Posted by Devon View Post
    Completely understand. Pot and driving is dangerous, no argument there. But don't you think the ones that smoke and drive will do so regardless if legal or not? I don't think law would add another factor, as it already exists. Fact of the matter is alcohol is legal and people and drunk driving is major problem, texting and driving is major problem, and pot smoking and driving...is a problem...but always will be
    Probably most... but not all.. I believe if it is legal.. you will see an increase in the number of people who will partake.. just as you see an increase in alcohol related incidents in places where alcohol is readily available.. the people I know who smoke always on some occasions will smoke and drive... and almost all of them believe that smoking one or two joints doesn't put them at risk because they aren't drastically effected. If you go to several sites that support marijuana legalization, you will find they say that marijuana does not have an effect on driving.... but this is based on statistics.. so.. with all the statistics at their fingertips people will believe that... My only data comes from observation... but let me ask you this... won't more people smoke due to legalization? ...and if they smoke.. are they in any condition to make a judgement call on whether they can smoke and drive?

Georgiagirl is offline Beach Control
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Thanks for everything. - BeyondExcess Drinking buddy.... Absolutely!!!! - Candi Hugs!! - Candi Hope you're having a great Valentine's Day - jbincali House warming party!!  WooHoo!! - Caveman 
    For all the new adventures you have. - BeyondExcess Hope things are getting better for you! - Candi We missed you, and we're all thrilled you're here! - LeananSidhe have a good one - partyde For the drink we didn't have on your birthday! - Candi 
    Hope you get to feeling better! - Lucky Because you are such a special woman and mother x - Elvensong For being beautiful and a great friend x - Elvensong Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK 
    For all you do to help keep the site open. - SpecialK Because you would let me use the pool :-) - Elvensong Keep cool crazy girl xxx - Elvensong Miss you girlie....hope things are good - musicmer Merry Christmas, my friend! - SpecialK 
    I don't see why not.
    Just Peachy and you?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Thanks for everything. - BeyondExcess Drinking buddy.... Absolutely!!!! - Candi Hugs!! - Candi Hope you're having a great Valentine's Day - jbincali House warming party!!  WooHoo!! - Caveman 
    For all the new adventures you have. - BeyondExcess Hope things are getting better for you! - Candi We missed you, and we're all thrilled you're here! - LeananSidhe have a good one - partyde For the drink we didn't have on your birthday! - Candi 
    Hope you get to feeling better! - Lucky Because you are such a special woman and mother x - Elvensong For being beautiful and a great friend x - Elvensong Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK 
    For all you do to help keep the site open. - SpecialK Because you would let me use the pool :-) - Elvensong Keep cool crazy girl xxx - Elvensong Miss you girlie....hope things are good - musicmer Merry Christmas, my friend! - SpecialK 
    Seems another state has legalized it as of today. That makes three. When will the others follow or will they?
    Just Peachy and you?

badtothebone is offline Flirty Friend Expert
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Welcome to the site! - BeyondExcess 
    My job has a random drug and alcohol testing policy (although since the day I started I haven't been called up for one). It really gets on my thrupenny bits that I can't get socially stoned on say a Friday or Saturday, but getting drunk is fine.

Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    It was a couple votes shy of being legalized last month in a few states...It's coming...I don't smoke it but do know a few who smoke it to help with pain and to not get addicted to opiates.
    Just Peachy and you?

easygoing is offline Flirty Friend Expert
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Happy Saturday! ps empty your mailbox - debbee Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK Cause I know you love to read. Mwah - debbee You are a hotdog, ya dork....lol - TwinkleToez 
    Yes especially for those with medical conditions. Government legalizes alcohol which is at least as dangerous, especially they drive. Then there's texting....

tgeorge12 is offline Flirty Friend
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123