Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Do police desserve respect?

Georgiagirl is offline Beach Control
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Thanks for everything. - BeyondExcess Drinking buddy.... Absolutely!!!! - Candi Hugs!! - Candi Hope you're having a great Valentine's Day - jbincali House warming party!!  WooHoo!! - Caveman 
    For all the new adventures you have. - BeyondExcess Hope things are getting better for you! - Candi We missed you, and we're all thrilled you're here! - LeananSidhe have a good one - partyde For the drink we didn't have on your birthday! - Candi 
    Hope you get to feeling better! - Lucky Because you are such a special woman and mother x - Elvensong For being beautiful and a great friend x - Elvensong Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK 
    For all you do to help keep the site open. - SpecialK Because you would let me use the pool :-) - Elvensong Keep cool crazy girl xxx - Elvensong Miss you girlie....hope things are good - musicmer Merry Christmas, my friend! - SpecialK 

Do police desserve respect?

With all of the police brutality cases going on in the world right now, I wonder what this world is coming to. I started not to post a debate on this because I'm sure we all have different views on this subject and it's probably not the same views but we are all adults here and I'm sure, we can discuss this without bashing one another. So, what are your thoughts?
    Just Peachy and you?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Thanks for everything. - BeyondExcess Drinking buddy.... Absolutely!!!! - Candi Hugs!! - Candi Hope you're having a great Valentine's Day - jbincali House warming party!!  WooHoo!! - Caveman 
    For all the new adventures you have. - BeyondExcess Hope things are getting better for you! - Candi We missed you, and we're all thrilled you're here! - LeananSidhe have a good one - partyde For the drink we didn't have on your birthday! - Candi 
    Hope you get to feeling better! - Lucky Because you are such a special woman and mother x - Elvensong For being beautiful and a great friend x - Elvensong Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK 
    For all you do to help keep the site open. - SpecialK Because you would let me use the pool :-) - Elvensong Keep cool crazy girl xxx - Elvensong Miss you girlie....hope things are good - musicmer Merry Christmas, my friend! - SpecialK 
    I have a lot to say on this subject but I would like to hear other views first.
    Just Peachy and you?

Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    My two cents.....

I have always had respect for authority including police and I have raised my kids to respect authority. My dad was a police and deputy sheriff while I was growing up and I believe that made me go into that same line of work..somewhat.

Lately, we've been hearing of nothing but bad things about police officers and I don't like it at all. Yes, I know there are some that are "bad cops" but that doesn't make them all bad.

I do not care what color you are, or what family you came from, if a police officer asks you a question or tells you to stop....then simply do as they have asked and nine times out of ten, you won't be hurt.

Many people today do not have any respect for authority and they raise their children to do the same and this is what gets people hurt. Police officers do not make a whole lot of money but yet they are there to protect us. Why not show them respect?

I know my rights as a citizen and honestly, I know more about some of the codes and law than most officers do but I don't use that against them.

I believe Police Officers need more training when it comes to laws and codes of the county or city where they are working which would mean more schooling which would mean more pay for them.

I'm really sick and tired of hearing about how a black police shot a white person and how a white police shot a black person. Who cares about the color of a person and I'm almost positive that white or black police do not go hunting people of the opposite color to shoot or whatever. Yeah, I'm sure some do profile and that's just a way of life but I don't think they go out seeking people of the opposite color to target. I believe Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are starting a racial war. They need to stop because we already live in a screwed up world and they are making it worse!
    Candi and easygoing like this.
    Just Peachy and you?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Georgiagirl For This Useful Post:

Candi is offline Georgia on my mind
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    feel better my friend - Tgirl Just because - rednek hope you have a great day. - Tgirl Happy 4th of July - Georgiagirl Happy hump day.  Ha ha - Georgiagirl 
    Cheers! - BeyondExcess Stay calm and post a warning at her door x - Elvensong For the loving mom watching over her little one to feel better x - Elvensong Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK For all you do to help keep the site open. - SpecialK 
    Cheers! Here is to a great new year! I appreciate your kindness. - debbee Coffee's on me for an after-pizza Friday treat! TGIF! - LeananSidhe From all your friends ... sorry you got hurt x - Elvensong Spreading the luck for today! - BeyondExcess For always being my friend. - BeyondExcess 
    Merry Christmas, my friend! - SpecialK Your too sweet! Have a great Christmas! - Pigheaded Merry Christmas,  sweet treasure x - Elvensong Hope you had a great Christmas! - Layla Thank you for being you x - Elvensong 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Candi Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Candi Childhood Cancer - Candi 
    Very well said GG!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Candi For This Useful Post:

LeananSidhe is offline Like a fine Skylark.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,941 Times in 1,807 Posts
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    a head start and enjoy my friend. - Tgirl Glad you are feeling better! - Candi Happy 4th of July - Georgiagirl For someone's birthday... it's ice chocolate cream cake - SpecialK Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week! - Candi 
    For that midweek slump! - BeyondExcess Just so because posting with you is so much fun - Elvensong Some dessert as you are so sweet and caring :-) - Elvensong For going above and beyond the call of duty in helping me settle in at FNF. - guynextdoor Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK 
    Happy Holidays, Beautiful.. - SpecialK ...just 'cause.. - SpecialK For all you do to help keep the site open. - SpecialK Lets do the Friday dance! - Candi Spreading the luck for today! - BeyondExcess 
    For always being my friend. - BeyondExcess Thank you for all you do here! - Candi i miss our coffee time - musicmer Merry Christmas, my friend! - SpecialK Merry Christmas! - Candi 
    For me, as in any given field, or with any group of people, there will be good and bad ideologies and good and bad people pushing them. As far as officers of the law are concerned, you have a body of men and women who on any given day put their lives on the line. That deserves respect in and of itself. Certainly bad choices can be made, or even more heinous acts perpetrated, but it's unfortunate that it should taint an institution that can also have such good and altruistic individuals in its midst.

I think the military gets a bad rap often as well; but I have tremendous respect for the five marine nephews I have and the work they do overseas and here. What is reported often, and for longer times, for police and military, is the truly repulsive behavior instead of the acts of courage and heroism.
    Georgiagirl and easygoing like this.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Seuss

TwinkleToez is offline Super Flirty Friend
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    15 months and counting - 1Alex Merry Christmas, didn't know what to get you :) - Sthomp27 Merry Christmas - Sthomp27 Merry Christmas!! - SpecialK Merry Christmas - Georgiagirl 
    Happy new year - Sthomp27 For my poor attempt at humor, have some good humor :) - Sthomp27 'Cuz I really enjoy your company here and I missed ya! - jbincali here are 11 roses because you are my 12th - jerrjerr Always and Forever - jerrjerr 
    lovin yuz postin :D - Tgirl Have a warm, safe valentine's day TT! - jbincali I like you......yes I do.... - 1Alex I know you missed these lol. For old times sake ;) - Sthomp27 More appropriate :) - Sthomp27 
    Thanks for helping me reach 5000 - Sthomp27 Thanks for everything, you were wonderful - Sthomp27 For being so sweet - 1hotrod a snack to relax ;) - Tgirl Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK 
    I believe they do deserve respect. I think society tends to forget that they are human beings with the same fears and stresses as we would have when they have a weapon pointed at them or feel they are in an unsafe environment. They are no different than we are in the fact they want to return safely to their families at the end of their day. No one can honestly say how they would react in a threatening moment.
    Georgiagirl and 1Alex like this.
    Growing up my parents forced me to eat greens. To this day I am banned from 24 golf courses.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TwinkleToez For This Useful Post:

Elvensong is offline Food For Her Fantasy ...
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Happy Father's Day - Georgiagirl Something sweet...like yourself - strawberrywine Happy Saturday! - SuzieQ Merry Christmas - Georgiagirl Merry Christmas!! - SpecialK 
    Good morning!  Always great to see you. - Georgiagirl So that we may drink life in! - BeyondExcess You'll need the luck! - debbee For being a great friend - Georgiagirl Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK 
    Lollipop kisses ALL over you! - debbee Covering you with lollipop kisses - debbee I greatly appreciate your friendship. You're the best! - Layla Happy Valentine's Day you are my treasure - debbee Let's share a bite! - BeyondExcess 
    I knew you needed a piece! - BeyondExcess Feeding each other grapes mmmmm - debbee For always making my heart flutter. - BeyondExcess Taste my forbidden fruit - debbee Merry Christmas my sweet friend! - Candi 
    Of course they do deserve respect, and so do mayors from the police, independently of which color their son is !

Erdr1ck is offline Just an average guy.
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    It's Cherry flavor! - BeyondExcess Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK My hoo hoo in a box - debbee 
    Yes they do deserve respect. Also, everyone else deserves respect. They are not above the Law, they shouldn't feel like they are above the Law. They are there to protect and serve.
    I'm an ass man!

Lucky is offline "Simple Man"
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Merry Christmas - Georgiagirl Cheers - Tgirl Covered in chocolate - Georgiagirl Warm up!! - Georgiagirl just because...back at'cha - strawberrywine 
    celebrate? - Tgirl I sensed you needed some pie. - BeyondExcess Because I didn't want to stand you up - Georgiagirl A sweet treat to go with the hot chocolate. Merry Christmas! - Layla Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK 
    Happy New Year! - Layla Hope your new year is wonderful! (ít looked chocolatiest) - debbee 
    They definitely deserve respect, I can only imagine the stress and pressure they go through on a daily basis. I don't think the problem is with law enforcement, I think it's with people that have been enabled or think that they are owed something by society. The reason I don't get harassed, shot, beat up, or arrested is because I don't break the freaking law. Just my 2 cents...
    Erdr1ck and easygoing like this.

1Alex is offline Flirting Devil
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    MVP..Most valuable person award - Georgiagirl also...just because :) - strawberrywine I put 2 straws in it.....lol - TwinkleToez Needed to see if I got this working.....it is.  :) - TwinkleToez Thanks for being a good buddy....... - TwinkleToez 
    Share some grapes with me. - TwinkleToez My lucky charm at times. - TwinkleToez I think I owe you at least an icecream. - strawberrywine Congrats and well deserved!  MOM - Georgiagirl Happy Father's Day - Georgiagirl 
    Hope it was a good one...Happy Belated Birthday - strawberrywine Merry Christmas!! - SpecialK Merry Christmas.  Hope things are okay, I'm worried about you.  Please just let me know that you are alright sweetie.  If you left the site, that is fine but I do worry about my friends and hope that all is okay - Georgiagirl "Lucky" you are back. - TwinkleToez Maybe this will make you feel better.  :) - TwinkleToez 
    just cause - Tgirl It's Friday.  You looked hungry. - TwinkleToez your messages are an unexpected treasure to me. so here is one for you. - debbee Merry Christmas, my friend! - SpecialK Happy Valentine's Day xo - Summerfun 
    I have never experienced more excitement then looking down the busy end of a gun......I praise our protectors......
    THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR CONFIDENCE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast