Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Liars

Georgiagirl is offline Beach Control
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Thanks for everything. - BeyondExcess Drinking buddy.... Absolutely!!!! - Candi Hugs!! - Candi Hope you're having a great Valentine's Day - jbincali House warming party!!  WooHoo!! - Caveman 
    For all the new adventures you have. - BeyondExcess Hope things are getting better for you! - Candi We missed you, and we're all thrilled you're here! - LeananSidhe have a good one - partyde For the drink we didn't have on your birthday! - Candi 
    Hope you get to feeling better! - Lucky Because you are such a special woman and mother x - Elvensong For being beautiful and a great friend x - Elvensong Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK 
    For all you do to help keep the site open. - SpecialK Because you would let me use the pool :-) - Elvensong Keep cool crazy girl xxx - Elvensong Miss you girlie....hope things are good - musicmer Merry Christmas, my friend! - SpecialK 

Liars

Why do people intentionally lie to others? What makes a person that way? Why can't everyone just tell the truth? Thoughts?

ScoobyDoo is offline *raw*
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    sharing my winnings!!! - RedHotPisces I did it...you are a great teacher! - kjoverunder I am so happy we met! - kjoverunder Merry Christmas - Georgiagirl Sharing my lottery winnings - Georgiagirl 
    Best Advice giver - Georgiagirl Best Friend Award ... - Caveman Get well soon. And please don't cough on me  :) - hah_bumhug Here's some tissue.....feel better. - Georgiagirl To share with your date ... best of luck, sweetie ! - Elvensong 
    Happy Valentine's Day !!! - Caveman To make you smile ... you may have noticed how much I love your smile :-) ! - Elvensong Hey there, how have you been - Sthomp27 Merry Christmas friend - Sthomp27 Merry Christmas - Georgiagirl 
    Merry Christmas!! - SpecialK Happy new year - Sthomp27 Happy New Year Darlin - Georgiagirl Have fun at the party.  Here is a beer to start your day.  Happy Super Bowl Sunday - Georgiagirl Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK 
    they are hiding something, they don't want someone to think badly of them, they can't help themselves, they don't want to hurt someone, so many reasons..

LeananSidhe is offline Like a fine Skylark.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,941 Times in 1,807 Posts
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    a head start and enjoy my friend. - Tgirl Glad you are feeling better! - Candi Happy 4th of July - Georgiagirl For someone's birthday... it's ice chocolate cream cake - SpecialK Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week! - Candi 
    For that midweek slump! - BeyondExcess Just so because posting with you is so much fun - Elvensong Some dessert as you are so sweet and caring :-) - Elvensong For going above and beyond the call of duty in helping me settle in at FNF. - guynextdoor Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK 
    Happy Holidays, Beautiful.. - SpecialK ...just 'cause.. - SpecialK For all you do to help keep the site open. - SpecialK Lets do the Friday dance! - Candi Spreading the luck for today! - BeyondExcess 
    For always being my friend. - BeyondExcess Thank you for all you do here! - Candi i miss our coffee time - musicmer Merry Christmas, my friend! - SpecialK Merry Christmas! - Candi 
    I think some people who lie -- and for whom lying is a mainstay -- get so entirely wrapped up in and enamored of the "life" they've presented, they are unable, incapable or unwilling to either admit they've lied or try to make restitution; they could really care less. The people on the far end of this spectrum, who lie as a means of manipulation and hurt not just to get out of, say, a dinner with an inlaw or play hookie from work -- I'm glad I can say I've not run into too many of these types. How much easier would be if everyone could be upfront and truthful in the day-to-day!!
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Seuss

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LeananSidhe For This Useful Post:

mrs.sexylegs is offline Flirt
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Its just common nature for some people.....don't understand why people lie intentionally to hurt others

Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Thanks for everything. - BeyondExcess Drinking buddy.... Absolutely!!!! - Candi Hugs!! - Candi Hope you're having a great Valentine's Day - jbincali House warming party!!  WooHoo!! - Caveman 
    For all the new adventures you have. - BeyondExcess Hope things are getting better for you! - Candi We missed you, and we're all thrilled you're here! - LeananSidhe have a good one - partyde For the drink we didn't have on your birthday! - Candi 
    Hope you get to feeling better! - Lucky Because you are such a special woman and mother x - Elvensong For being beautiful and a great friend x - Elvensong Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK 
    For all you do to help keep the site open. - SpecialK Because you would let me use the pool :-) - Elvensong Keep cool crazy girl xxx - Elvensong Miss you girlie....hope things are good - musicmer Merry Christmas, my friend! - SpecialK 
    I have no idea why people lie but I think, for a small group of people this becomes a way of life for them, sadly. It truly must be a sad way of life for them, although they would never admit that to anyone, I'm sure. I truly feel sorry for some people that I've met because I gave them the benefit of the doubt.... With that being said, MOST of these people, I saw through them early on and it was nobody's fault but my own to allow it to happen. I should have went with my instinct gut feeling and simply lost all connections with them instead of continuously allowing them to lie, lie and lie some more to me.

Liars have a way of convincing people that they are the victims. Most vulnerable people fall for their lies. I have been very vulnerable in my life and I do believe it's because I have a heart and a huge one. I care so deeply about people that I let it affect me in all aspects. I'm the type of person who would do anything for anyone even if it hurts me in the long run and it's came back to bite me in butt several times. I can't say that I've learned my lesson because I'm sure that I haven't....I'm very skeptical of people and I think that I am always a little wary of letting new people in because honestly...the people who have always claimed to care about me the most are the ones that have lied to me and hurt me. (Not ALL but most)

So, what do I think of liars/habitual liars? I think, they are scared and pathethic individuals who get their thrills out of "getting away" with what they can by vulnerable people. And sadly, those vulnerable people are the ones that care most about these liars.

With that being said, I will continue to care for people because that is who I am and I'm sure that I'll continue being lied to by some but there are some good people in this world and I won't shut them out completely because of others. I will simply be more careful with who, I choose to let in.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Georgiagirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    cheers - partyde 

Liars

Some people even lie to themselves. They aren't happy with the truth.

What fascinates me about lying is how exhausting it must be to remember all your BS.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nite777owl For This Useful Post:

Dianne is offline Afraid of the water
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Welcome! Hope you are having a blast! - Georgiagirl A thank you for the gift of your friendship!! - Caveman Afternoon snack - Georgiagirl I got lucky (won the lotto)...passing the luck on! - strawberrywine Happy Weekend!! - Georgiagirl 
    sharing my winnings!!! - RedHotPisces Merry Christmas - Georgiagirl Sharing my lottery winnings - Georgiagirl 
    Some people simply don't know how to tell the truth, they learned to lie very early in life and it's become part of who they are.

partyde is offline Flirty Friend Premium
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Have a safe trip home! - Georgiagirl Thank you sooo much for the calendar.  We received it today.  That is so sweet of you. Thanks Dee. - Georgiagirl I got lucky (won the lotto)...passing the luck on! - strawberrywine Thank you! Cheers back! - Chevelle Because you and I feel like popsicles this morning....lol  BRRRRR - Georgiagirl 
    sharing my winnings!!! - RedHotPisces Merry Christmas - Georgiagirl Merry Christmas - ScoobyDoo Sharing my lottery winnings - Georgiagirl Sharing my lottery winnings - Georgiagirl 
    Friendliest Member - Georgiagirl Just in a mood for giving - Dianne For having the hugest heart around .. - Caveman Looks like you are my new good luck charm ;) - Sthomp27 Everyone needs a banana before bed - Georgiagirl 
    Some secret treasure for your birthday ... batteries included ... xxx - Elvensong All my best wishes xxx - Elvensong I hope you are doing well!  I miss you. - Georgiagirl Merry Christmas!! - SpecialK Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK 
    I tell white lies as not to upset anyone but to lie all the the time i would forget what i had said and you get the truth from me as you will see in the PM that i sent

12. The Following User Says Thank You to partyde For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    You're soooo right. It must be extremely exhausting to live that way. There are some people who go through life living a complete lie and eventually they do not even realize they are lying. It becomes a way of life for them....even to the point that they THINK they are telling the truth themselves. CRAZY!!

I think everyone tells little white lies but that is VERY much different on being a habitual liar. I know it really bothers me when others lie to you straight to your face and they have to have a conscious? I've been lied to by some of the people that I truly thought cared about me. People who KNEW all the things that I had been through and how I felt about it. They would tell me things such as.... "I can't believe he/she did that to you", "I would never do anything such as that to anyone", etc. When all along, they were doing the exact same things, well worse things than the people whom they were talking about.

People online have a better opportunity to lie. Although, I don't think everyone online lies.....it's the handfull that do that ruin other people's trust in online friendships. People in "real life", lie too, it's not only online, although I do feel the opportunity is better online.

The song says it all "I'm so much cooler online".....talking to "five girls online at one time", blah blah blah...
    I have seen this happen to many people for many years. But eventually, ALL these people that are being lied to, well, they catch on to the liar and eventually the liar has to change their online identity and start all over. It's sad..it makes us all suspicious.

I am who I am....I have met several people here and I have made some true friendships online..some of the best!! I've also been lied to, stomped on and dragged through the online dirt!

But looking back now, I do kinda feel sorry for the sneaky, nosey, liars that apparently have no life other than to LIE. It must be a very sad way to live....to lie to your spouse about your online activities is one thing and don't get me wrong... I don't look down on anyone for telling a little white lie to your spouse about being online at a flirting site, I do look down on those who completely lie about who they are, players who are only out to screw who they can and view pictures of who they can (perverts) and hurt others intentionally. I've been lied to by the best of liars but caught on a long time before they knew that I had caught on. I simply just stepped back........let them lie if it makes them feel better.

Some people just confuse me and I don't understand why they lie about lying.

Got carried away...rambling

Quote Originally Posted by nite777owl View Post
    Some people even lie to themselves. They aren't happy with the truth.

What fascinates me about lying is how exhausting it must be to remember all your BS.
    Just Peachy and you?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Georgiagirl For This Useful Post:

Shanna is offline Flirt
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    A welcome drink ... for the new lady of the site. - Caveman welcome aboard sharing my winnings - partyde snack - Georgiagirl I got lucky (won the lotto)...passing the luck on! - strawberrywine 
    People lie because they think it helps them advance their agenda and most liars have a hidden agenda.

Most liars lie to look better in others eyes, to simplify things, to garner sympathy, to manipulate others, etc. Lots of reasons.

I've had the displeasure of knowing people who told lies every time their mouth opened. Most of the time, we as society, let them get away with it.

So, what do you do when you know a person is lying to you? Do you just step back as Georgia said and let them continue to lie or do you do something about it? All liars eventually get caught somehow.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Shanna For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast