Forums

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Liars

Caveman is offline Making my world Brighter!
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Stop working so much and grab a beer - Georgiagirl Since I wasn't able to buy one for you in April; for your Thursday morning! - LeananSidhe Happy Father's Day - Georgiagirl Happy Father's Day - Georgiagirl Because you have a super big heart and I miss you around here - Georgiagirl 
    to keep the rain away today - Georgiagirl Merry Christmas - Georgiagirl Merry Christmas!! - SpecialK Happy Birthday Sweetie, I hope you have an awesome day! - Georgiagirl happy birthday - partyde 
    Happy New Year Darlin - Georgiagirl an afternoon snack and putting up with me...lol - Georgiagirl Thank you! - Georgiagirl Hope you are having a great weekend. - Georgiagirl Because you have the most caring heart that I've ever known. - Georgiagirl 
    Until we can test the sweetness of other things. - BeyondExcess Nice to see you the other day. - BeyondExcess Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK For all you do to help keep the site open. - SpecialK Merry Christmas my friend! - Candi 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Caveman 
    Interesting thread ... and follow ups ...

I take it the purpose of this thread is habitual liars, those who make it a practice of lying and have made it a part of their lives. All of us, as Party said, probably have told a few white lies, to help others, to ease feelings. No that outfit does NOT make you look bad!! Oh, your new haircut looks really nice ... (ugh), etc. Think the point is the habitual liars, The men who work late all the time (having an affair) -- those are the ones trying to get something they desire while hurting others .. or think they are getting away with something. These are the selfish, most times narcissists looking for pleasure and willing to lie or cheat to get what they want. On the flip side, if they are genuine in their caring for another .. well ... how could you trust them to ever be true?

There are the the liars who create an entire persona (I'm 6'2, weigh 210 lbs, am a rocket scientist, oh, and I drive NASCARS as a hobby) ... these are the ones who are truly unhappy with themselves. Who feel the need to become someone else (especially on line where it is easy to make others believe) in order to feed into some type of fantasy life. These last two are the worst in my opinion. Sad thing is ... even when they are found out, the just move on, create a new fantasy, and dupe others. These are the dangerous ones. The ones who will do and say whatever they want or can in order to get whatever sick pleasure they can from those they dupe. They will most times play the victim if found out, and NEVER do anything wrong ... They will lie about others as well, and try their best to cover their tracks so they are not discovered, with even more lies ... GG and nightowl were right .. living that kind of life must be exhausting.

I do think we need to trust our gut instincts on people. We need to be careful in our on-line friendships, and relationships. Some men on-line do prey on the trusting, the hurting, and seek something for themselves. I'll not speak to the ladies on line (since I do try to be a gentleman).

Over all, it is a sad, sad life they lead!!
    Yesterday is but a dream, tomorrow only a vision. Today, well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Caveman For This Useful Post:

Georgiagirl is offline Beach Control
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Thanks for everything. - BeyondExcess Drinking buddy.... Absolutely!!!! - Candi Hugs!! - Candi Hope you're having a great Valentine's Day - jbincali House warming party!!  WooHoo!! - Caveman 
    For all the new adventures you have. - BeyondExcess Hope things are getting better for you! - Candi We missed you, and we're all thrilled you're here! - LeananSidhe have a good one - partyde For the drink we didn't have on your birthday! - Candi 
    Hope you get to feeling better! - Lucky Because you are such a special woman and mother x - Elvensong For being beautiful and a great friend x - Elvensong Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK 
    For all you do to help keep the site open. - SpecialK Because you would let me use the pool :-) - Elvensong Keep cool crazy girl xxx - Elvensong Miss you girlie....hope things are good - musicmer Merry Christmas, my friend! - SpecialK 
    I wanted to add to this thread...............

I found out recently that liars must make up things to cover the lies that they have told............. what a way to live life?? Lie about lying about who you lied too?

I seriously look back on a particular person whom I once trusted..............took me a long time to realize that this person lied to me from day one and continued building lies for years............What made me continue to believe them? hmmm..they were very good at it!! When I first met this person, I caught them in a lie from just about day one....had another person prove they were lying to me by showing me emails, IM messages, etc. A part of me still did not believe it until it was actually proved to me. What did the liar do when realized they were caught? Started making up every excuse that you could imagine....putting me down because THEY lied....Over the years...OMG..this person lied to me about justs about everything.

Ain't it funny how when a friendship has ended, the people who will start talking and telling you things about your so called friend. My Gosh....with friends like that, I don't need enemies.

It takes a very long time to get over things such as this........I actually read a book on this subject last night and liars will continue being liars until the day that they day...I'm talking about habitual liars....people who lie to have friendships and tell another lie to cover the lie they just told. The book explained alot to me. It told me to what to watch out for. It taught me how to choose my friends wisely and to stay away from the bad ones.

I thought, I would share a few signs, it may help you, it may not but it's surely helped me.

I'm not writing these in order but just posting the ones that stuck with me the most..........

Sneakiness...if a person is very sneaky, it does not make them a liar but sneakiness was one of the major signs of a liar.

Defensivenes..... Liars will often take offence to any indication that they're under suspicion. They're likely to throw any accusations you throw at them back at you. They will also talk too much, feeling the need to over-explain themselves.

There were many more but these two just stuck with me...

What do you think are signs of a liar?
    Just Peachy and you?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Georgiagirl is offline Beach Control
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Thanks for everything. - BeyondExcess Drinking buddy.... Absolutely!!!! - Candi Hugs!! - Candi Hope you're having a great Valentine's Day - jbincali House warming party!!  WooHoo!! - Caveman 
    For all the new adventures you have. - BeyondExcess Hope things are getting better for you! - Candi We missed you, and we're all thrilled you're here! - LeananSidhe have a good one - partyde For the drink we didn't have on your birthday! - Candi 
    Hope you get to feeling better! - Lucky Because you are such a special woman and mother x - Elvensong For being beautiful and a great friend x - Elvensong Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK 
    For all you do to help keep the site open. - SpecialK Because you would let me use the pool :-) - Elvensong Keep cool crazy girl xxx - Elvensong Miss you girlie....hope things are good - musicmer Merry Christmas, my friend! - SpecialK 
    I wanted to add to this thread...............

I found out recently that liars must make up things to cover the lies that they have told............. what a way to live life?? Lie about lying about who you lied too?

I seriously look back on a particular person whom I once trusted..............took me a long time to realize that this person lied to me from day one and continued building lies for years............What made me continue to believe them? hmmm..they were very good at it!! When I first met this person, I caught them in a lie from just about day one....had another person prove they were lying to me by showing me emails, IM messages, etc. A part of me still did not believe it until it was actually proved to me. What did the liar do when realized they were caught? Started making up every excuse that you could imagine....putting me down because THEY lied....Over the years...OMG..this person lied to me about justs about everything.

Ain't it funny how when a friendship has ended, the people who will start talking and telling you things about your so called friend. My Gosh....with friends like that, I don't need enemies.

It takes a very long time to get over things such as this........I actually read a book on this subject last night and liars will continue being liars until the day that they day...I'm talking about habitual liars....people who lie to have friendships and tell another lie to cover the lie they just told. The book explained alot to me. It told me to what to watch out for. It taught me how to choose my friends wisely and to stay away from the bad ones.

I thought, I would share a few signs, it may help you, it may not but it's surely helped me.

I'm not writing these in order but just posting the ones that stuck with me the most..........

Sneakiness...if a person is very sneaky, it does not make them a liar but sneakiness was one of the major signs of a liar.

Defensivenes..... Liars will often take offence to any indication that they're under suspicion. They're likely to throw any accusations you throw at them back at you. They will also talk too much, feeling the need to over-explain themselves.

There were many more but these two just stuck with me...

What do you think are signs of a liar?
    Just Peachy and you?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Georgiagirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    cheers - partyde 

Liars

Can totally relate...

Caveman is offline Making my world Brighter!
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Stop working so much and grab a beer - Georgiagirl Since I wasn't able to buy one for you in April; for your Thursday morning! - LeananSidhe Happy Father's Day - Georgiagirl Happy Father's Day - Georgiagirl Because you have a super big heart and I miss you around here - Georgiagirl 
    to keep the rain away today - Georgiagirl Merry Christmas - Georgiagirl Merry Christmas!! - SpecialK Happy Birthday Sweetie, I hope you have an awesome day! - Georgiagirl happy birthday - partyde 
    Happy New Year Darlin - Georgiagirl an afternoon snack and putting up with me...lol - Georgiagirl Thank you! - Georgiagirl Hope you are having a great weekend. - Georgiagirl Because you have the most caring heart that I've ever known. - Georgiagirl 
    Until we can test the sweetness of other things. - BeyondExcess Nice to see you the other day. - BeyondExcess Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK For all you do to help keep the site open. - SpecialK Merry Christmas my friend! - Candi 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Caveman 
    It is more easy to pick up on in person .. but typically it will include elaborate ruses, defensiveness, (as you noted), extreme sensitivity to being accused of lying, and other things.

Sorry about your friend, GG ...
    Yesterday is but a dream, tomorrow only a vision. Today, well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Caveman For This Useful Post:

hah_bumhug is offline Ugly SOB
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    for your desert - partyde Wishing you a Super Friday! - Georgiagirl Thank you for being one of those friends that I cherish so much! - ScoobyDoo Merry Christmas - Georgiagirl Merry Christmas - ScoobyDoo 
    thank you for the rep...happy new year...cheers!!! - RedHotPisces Thank you for your kind words - Sensual Woman A new pet that doesn't need walking .. :) - Caveman sharing my winnings - partyde Merry Christmas!! - SpecialK 
    Merry Christmas - Georgiagirl Happy New Year Darlin - Georgiagirl Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK 
    I have noticed that over time compulsive liars tend to go through friends like grease through a goose. It is never their fault the friendship dies and they always have some seemingly valid reason why they no longer wish to be friends with the other person. They do their best to isolate the other person from any mutual friends in an attempt to hide the real reasons.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hah_bumhug For This Useful Post:

ScoobyDoo is offline *raw*
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    sharing my winnings!!! - RedHotPisces I did it...you are a great teacher! - kjoverunder I am so happy we met! - kjoverunder Merry Christmas - Georgiagirl Sharing my lottery winnings - Georgiagirl 
    Best Advice giver - Georgiagirl Best Friend Award ... - Caveman Get well soon. And please don't cough on me  :) - hah_bumhug Here's some tissue.....feel better. - Georgiagirl To share with your date ... best of luck, sweetie ! - Elvensong 
    Happy Valentine's Day !!! - Caveman To make you smile ... you may have noticed how much I love your smile :-) ! - Elvensong Hey there, how have you been - Sthomp27 Merry Christmas friend - Sthomp27 Merry Christmas - Georgiagirl 
    Merry Christmas!! - SpecialK Happy new year - Sthomp27 Happy New Year Darlin - Georgiagirl Have fun at the party.  Here is a beer to start your day.  Happy Super Bowl Sunday - Georgiagirl Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK 
    I tend to over explain myself a lot.. mostly because I'm so afraid of losing that persons friendship... Sorry, I am not a liar.. but I've been told time and time again that I am.. what I don't get is why? Why do you have to tell people lies? Is it to make them like you? Is it to save face? Is it because you can't handle the truth?

Sure i've stretched the truth a time or two, but in the end, I can't sit still with myself when I tell a lie.. it bothers me way too much and I feel awful.. so I don't do it for that reason as well.. the truth shall save the world.. if you want what I truly think, what truly has happened to me, just ask.. i'm going to tell you.. and if I do lie... it's going to be only in a thread where you are supposed to lie... tell me a lie.. or if i'm being sarcastic.. and I will say, I'm just kidding or I'm being sarcastic..

I also do believe that some liars can't help themselves.. it's a part of their world.. all that they've ever known.. and they don't know how to not lie.. sad really, I almost feel sorry for them..

pin head is offline Meatatarian
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    This is for trying to ruin my igloo.  :) - TwinkleToez A glass of win for you.  Good to see you. - Georgiagirl Since you look so comfy in the chair.... - TwinkleToez Merry Christmas - Georgiagirl Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK 
    i guess there are a few reasons that people lie. sometimes they lie in order to protect someone. sometimes they lie just to protect themselves. other times they lie with malicious intent in order to create drama and chaos. i suppose the circumstances would define the intent.
    “I find a duck’s opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread..”

1Alex is offline Flirting Devil
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    MVP..Most valuable person award - Georgiagirl also...just because :) - strawberrywine I put 2 straws in it.....lol - TwinkleToez Needed to see if I got this working.....it is.  :) - TwinkleToez Thanks for being a good buddy....... - TwinkleToez 
    Share some grapes with me. - TwinkleToez My lucky charm at times. - TwinkleToez I think I owe you at least an icecream. - strawberrywine Congrats and well deserved!  MOM - Georgiagirl Happy Father's Day - Georgiagirl 
    Hope it was a good one...Happy Belated Birthday - strawberrywine Merry Christmas!! - SpecialK Merry Christmas.  Hope things are okay, I'm worried about you.  Please just let me know that you are alright sweetie.  If you left the site, that is fine but I do worry about my friends and hope that all is okay - Georgiagirl "Lucky" you are back. - TwinkleToez Maybe this will make you feel better.  :) - TwinkleToez 
    just cause - Tgirl It's Friday.  You looked hungry. - TwinkleToez your messages are an unexpected treasure to me. so here is one for you. - debbee Merry Christmas, my friend! - SpecialK Happy Valentine's Day xo - Summerfun 
    It is very difficult not to lie if one hold the definitions to be, "The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth"......
    THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR CONFIDENCE

Steph is offline Fantastic Flirt and Friend
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I don't lie.

I use sarcasm, I stretch the truth, I leave out essential information, and deliver false statements.

But I never lie.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast