Forums

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Would a ban on guns help crime in the US?

1Alex is offline Flirting Devil
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    MVP..Most valuable person award - Georgiagirl also...just because :) - strawberrywine I put 2 straws in it.....lol - TwinkleToez Needed to see if I got this working.....it is.  :) - TwinkleToez Thanks for being a good buddy....... - TwinkleToez 
    Share some grapes with me. - TwinkleToez My lucky charm at times. - TwinkleToez I think I owe you at least an icecream. - strawberrywine Congrats and well deserved!  MOM - Georgiagirl Happy Father's Day - Georgiagirl 
    Hope it was a good one...Happy Belated Birthday - strawberrywine Merry Christmas!! - SpecialK Merry Christmas.  Hope things are okay, I'm worried about you.  Please just let me know that you are alright sweetie.  If you left the site, that is fine but I do worry about my friends and hope that all is okay - Georgiagirl "Lucky" you are back. - TwinkleToez Maybe this will make you feel better.  :) - TwinkleToez 
    just cause - Tgirl It's Friday.  You looked hungry. - TwinkleToez your messages are an unexpected treasure to me. so here is one for you. - debbee Merry Christmas, my friend! - SpecialK Happy Valentine's Day xo - Summerfun 
    No...you think criminals listen or obey bans ....
    Georgiagirl likes this.
    THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR CONFIDENCE

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Chuck4794 is offline Super Flirty Friend
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Wishing you a year full of contentment...Happy Birthday - strawberrywine Good Morning - Georgiagirl just cause - Tgirl share? - Tgirl Merry Christmas - Georgiagirl 
    Merry Christmas!! - SpecialK Happy New Year Darlin - Georgiagirl happy new year - Tgirl Happy New Year!! - Candi guess what's in it? - Tgirl 
    cause you love those games :) - Tgirl You can NOT wear your drawers to work anytime...lol - Georgiagirl For helping me count today...lol - Georgiagirl Roast some Hot Dogs by the fire...I'm jealous!  lol - Georgiagirl Hope you're having a good week - Candi 
    Shopping money! - Georgiagirl thanks for playing today, that was fun :) - Tgirl you said I owed you one, sorry I underestimated your talents. LOL - Tgirl Drinks on me tonight! - Georgiagirl this will help - Tgirl 
    Yes, it would help the criminals be much more confident in what they do since they would be the only ones with guns.

Singeon is offline Phenominal Flirty Friend
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Because you are always so sweet to me - Sensual Woman Happy Father's Day - Georgiagirl Happy New Year. I wanted to help you celebrate. - ScoobyDoo No Message - KayOss 
    Of course it would...more kids die from guns than crims...over there....it's a count that grows online..check it out.

the rest of the world is gobsmacked at the insanity of guns in the US...and the fear you have about your neighbours...by insisting on having a gun at your side, you are defining/re-enforcing the fact that your society is sick...and that rather than fixing society...thats too hard...you have chosen to shoot it out instead.
    Laziness. Ignorance. Insanity...not confined to the perpetrators....

The crims aren't the only insane ones...you all are. You are driving the wild-west shoot-out to even greater depths, than you realize. The shooting of 20 kids in a school isnt about having the fire-power to limit the dead to 4 or five...teachers with flak-jackets and Glocks...it's about how you ignore mental health issues in your nation...and give it an outlet that carries 50 rounds in a magazine...without a basic check!

Can't wait for the days when The NRA gets taken to court for advocating Public Violence...and loses...as they should. Disgraceful hubris from fearful dullards.

The Right To Bare Arms...was formulated when your colony was under duress from foriegn powers....200 or so years ago. You are now the only SuperPower in the world....why do you need to be able to defend yourselves?....fear, I would suggest...fear of the society you have created.

Listen to your Pastor on sunday....and even if you don't have one, the premise stands alone....

you reap what you sow.

rednek is offline Dedicated Flirt and Friend
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Hope you feel better soon! - Candi Always better when you're around sexy - rednek sorry this is late, but congrats! - Tgirl Just because...... - Candi Your second favorite dessert! - Candi 
    For you! - Candi Merry Christmas!! - SpecialK Merry Christmas - Georgiagirl Happy New Year - Georgiagirl Happy New Year - Candi 
    this should help you get warm from the cold weather - Tgirl I know how you love pizza! - Candi so I can get you drunk and take advantage of you when we reach 3000!  Woooopppppppp - Georgiagirl Have a beer on me! - Candi Hope your knee gets to feeling better - Candi 
    Thanks! - BeyondExcess Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK Happy Holidays... - SpecialK Can't let it go to waste......enjoy! - Summerfun Merry Christmas sweetie! - Candi 

Re: Would a ban on guns help crime in the US?

No it wouldn't. Statistics are a funny thing. They can be manipulated to show only what you want to show. Case in point...yes in countries where guns are outlawed gun violence is extremely low. But violent crime using baseball bats, knives, and anything else they can lay hands on is high. If someone wants to kill they will use whatever they can to accomplish that goal.
    Southern by birth
    Georgian by the grace of God

Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Because you are always so sweet to me - Sensual Woman Happy Father's Day - Georgiagirl Happy New Year. I wanted to help you celebrate. - ScoobyDoo No Message - KayOss 
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

here's some stats that might interest you, Red

I reckon your armed services personnel are happy to be in the middle east....less likelihood of being shot and killed...

Fact.

Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Hope you feel better soon! - Candi Always better when you're around sexy - rednek sorry this is late, but congrats! - Tgirl Just because...... - Candi Your second favorite dessert! - Candi 
    For you! - Candi Merry Christmas!! - SpecialK Merry Christmas - Georgiagirl Happy New Year - Georgiagirl Happy New Year - Candi 
    this should help you get warm from the cold weather - Tgirl I know how you love pizza! - Candi so I can get you drunk and take advantage of you when we reach 3000!  Woooopppppppp - Georgiagirl Have a beer on me! - Candi Hope your knee gets to feeling better - Candi 
    Thanks! - BeyondExcess Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK Happy Holidays... - SpecialK Can't let it go to waste......enjoy! - Summerfun Merry Christmas sweetie! - Candi 

Interesting. But dor every article or stat or poll you can find there is one to the opposite. Fact remains guns don't injure, maim, or kill. People do. And should they want to create mayhem then they will find a way and a weapon. You are entitled to your opinion just like I am. Doesn't make either right or wrong just makes it an opinion. But unlike yourself I will not resort to name calling but hey that's just me.

Btw we are not a colony. We are the country that turned the tide in 2 world wars.
    Southern by birth

Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by rednek View Post
    Interesting. But dor every article or stat or poll you can find there is one to the opposite. Fact remains guns don't injure, maim, or kill. People do. And should they want to create mayhem then they will find a way and a weapon. You are entitled to your opinion just like I am. Doesn't make either right or wrong just makes it an opinion. But unlike yourself I will not resort to name calling but hey that's just me.

Btw we are not a colony. We are the country that turned the tide in 2 world wars.
    BTW..we are..and happy to be one for the moment...but...we held the tide...fought and died.....for years before you finally decided to get involved...you ain't Robinson Crusoe on that subject and you never were....what a hollywood version of history you have....sure...the world is full of dead americans who bled for their beliefs....their sacrifices bring me to emotions I struggle to deal with to this day...but don't insult me by ignoring the world full of cemeteries dedicated to my ancestors...men and women who fought and died long before you buggers decided to join-in.... don't ever forget that...and don't insult their memory. If ever there was a nation of johnny-come-latelies in 2 world wars...you fit the bill. I lost a good friend in
    Afghanistan a while back...a friend of my kids...they are devastated...so am I.

I accept the fact that america sacrificed to end war...I respect the sacrifice you continue to make..but by saying what you did...insults me beyond the pale...Anyone would think you did it alone...

you didn't...you didn't in WW1..or 2, or Korea...or Vietnam...or Iraq...or Afghanistan...we stood with you through all that...and still you choose to forget it.

on Veterans Day..remember that....you had help...peoples who showed you the way, from bitter experience.

Didn't name call you or anyone else there, Red...nor would I....I have the deepest respect for America's sacrifices over the years...before I was born and since...but reading your post leads me to think you are just another smug prick with a short memory, north of the equator.,..

I hope that isn't the case.

cheers.
    Last edited by Singeon; 07-03-2013 at 04:58 AM.
    KayOss likes this.

Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Lol!! My bad singeon. But my understanding of the word dullard is dumbass. So when you call the NRA dullards and other names yes I guess I do take offense to that. Although I am not a member I do know many fine people who are. As far as me being a prick north of you well I assume that is for you to decide but again I won't stoop to your level of name calling just to make me feel better. Just not me.

And as far as sacrifices made by others during war no where did I say ir do I assume those were in anyway less. And my Hollywood version that you were so happy to throw in actually came from my father who spent over 3 years of his life fighting on the front lines of Europe during WWII. He carried the horrors of what he saw and was required to do to the grave with him. So trust me my friend the sacrifices that military people endure is not something I take lightly.

This is obviously not a topic that you can discuss calmly so therefore I will stop responding to any post you make here directed at me. Like I said you have your opinion and I mine. Doesn't make either right or wrong. But I guess I'm a prick for realizing that fact.

Have a great day ny friend. And thanks for the discussion.
    KayOss, Singeon and Candi like this.
    Southern by birth

KayOss is offline Flirty Friend Expert
    Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Thank you for the chat x - Elvensong Welcome back x - Elvensong Wishing all the best with your d's and g babies *hugs* - Elvensong Some drink to help you sleep for more than 5 hours, and with sweet dreams too x - Elvensong Sending you loads of love and respect for all you do xxx - Elvensong 
    Be safe on your trip ... and have fun ! x - Elvensong Merry Christmas and happy new year - Sthomp27 Merry Christmas!! - SpecialK A lite beer to relax and think of the Love Shack :-) - Elvensong It's a bottle of Edradour Malt really, the most soothing of pure malts I would know x - Elvensong 
    For being such a good girl :-) - Elvensong Merry Christmas!!! - SpecialK Get really well again soon x - Elvensong Welcome back home xxx - Elvensong For my dear friend to cheer her up and remind her of the big heart she has x - Elvensong 
    Merry Christmas, my friend! - SpecialK 
    well...I responded and erased my post 3 times.....I will crawdad out of this discussion
    “Everyone thinks of changing the world, no one thinks of changing himself.” –
    Leo Tolstoy

Thanks
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by rednek View Post
    Lol!! My bad singeon. But my understanding of the word dullard is dumbass. So when you call the NRA dullards and other names yes I guess I do take offense to that. Although I am not a member I do know many fine people who are. As far as me being a prick north of you well I assume that is for you to decide but again I won't stoop to your level of name calling just to make me feel better. Just not me.

And as far as sacrifices made by others during war no where did I say ir do I assume those were in anyway less. And my Hollywood version that you were so happy to throw in actually came from my father who spent over 3 years of his life fighting on the front lines of Europe during WWII. He carried the horrors of what he saw and was required to do to the grave with him. So trust me my friend the sacrifices that military people endure is not something I take lightly.

This is obviously not a topic that you can discuss calmly so therefore I will stop responding to any post you make here directed at me. Like I said you have your opinion and I mine. Doesn't make either right or wrong. But I guess I'm a prick for realizing that fact.

Have a great day ny friend. And thanks for the discussion.
    Red...I was wrong...on many levels...and you are not a prick, judging by your considered response.
    The recent loss still gets to me at times....that post was one of them. I was watching a hollywood version of events at the time- John Wayne in Vietnam..and not one mention of Australians ( or anyone else)..in it...that film and the many like it out of hollywood amount to garbage when viewed from an aliies perspective....and from which I took your line about "winning the war" quite badly and vented my loss and frustration at you...this shouldn't have happened. I apologise.

I still think a tighter control on guns..and who can own them...and the types available...would dramatically drop the death toll in America. We stopped ownership of semi-auto weapons many years ago..and although the number of guns in Australia is higher than ever...deaths are way down..because their availability was linked to very hard exams for those wanting a firearm. People still kill people here..sadly...but not 20 at a time...not even 5 at a time.

I don't ask for a reply...it's not warranted...and a good choice of yours to refuse one...you have struck a nerve in me and it's best not to keep twanging it.

Best wishes for a fine, quiet life...

Respectfully yours, S.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Singeon For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast